Crest Whitestrips Premium is the shortest over the counter Crest Whitestrips product system. The treatments are for 30 minutes a day, twice a day, for 7 days. The Whitestrips are designed for either upper or lower front teeth and include 14 of each. The 10% Hydrogen Peroxide solution is the same as several other longer Whitestrips systems, but because it is delivered twice a day it helps the teeth to achieve the same professional whitening results in fewer days – just 7 instead of 10, 14 or 21 days where Whitestrips are worn for just once a day. The packaging claims to whiten up to 14 years of stains off of the teeth in just 7 days.
- Shorter length of whitening system – just 7 days until professional results are achieved
- Whitens up to 14 years of stain from the teeth
- Twice-a-day treatment as opposed to some products that are once a day
- Sensitivity from more frequent whitening (needed to achieve results in 1 week)
- Strips must be carefully shaped around the teeth to whiten the interproximal areas between teeth
The Crest Whitestrips Premium will work well for someone that wants the full effects of a whitening system but doesn’t have more than a week to devote to getting the results. Just be ready to trade off some tooth sensitivity if you’re using this line since they are worn more frequently in fewer days. Using a sensitivity toothpaste can help to counteract this, but if you are especially prone to sensitive teeth it might be better to get a kit that takes a few more days to complete the treatment. Otherwise Crest Whitestrips Premium are wonderful to fit in full whitening results in a shorter amount of time if there is a big event coming up and not a lot of time left to fit in other whitening methods. Crest produces great results, and as dentist’s #1 recommended brand you can know they will help achieve the best white you can get out of an over the counter product.